17 de January de 2017 in Blog, Career, How to, Productivity, Satisfaction
The American online store Zappos sells shoes and clothing over the internet. It was bought by Amazon 1.2 billion dollars, it is one of the great cases about customer service, worth knowing.
And today the company is not only impressed by its customer service but also by its curious management model, the so-called holocracy: a distributed authority system – a set of “rules of the game” that place empowerment at the core of the organization.
In this model, basically authority and decision making are distributed by self-organized teams, rather than at the top of a hierarchy.
Is this all or not enough reason for any company to pay attention to the famous “Zappos culture”?
The company has always focused on good customer service / support and is proof that a quality customer service can put a business really at the top.
At Zappos there is no middle ground, the customer is a priority and service is a reference.
Ony Hsieh, CEO of e-commerce since 2000, started with a shy company that only sold shoes on the internet. However, in a short time, the store grew, started selling other products and generating more and more profit until, in 2009, the company was acquired by Amazon.
This impressive growth was only possible because Tony put the customer service as the organization’s priority instead of profits (can you imagine that?).
This made the customers, extremely satisfied with the service, indicate the company to their acquaintances, the famous word-of-mouth marketing and thus, of course, Zappos has been gaining more and more consumers and consequently higher billing
And why are we talking about this company? Simple, as we have said, it is a case of success, especially for small and medium-sized enterprises.
Then, follow what you can learn about Zappos’ customer service, and focus on service so your organization can succeed.
Customer service and support of quality is a matter of business culture!
You do not necessarily need to create a lot of rules of conduct for your employees when it comes to delivering good customer service, Zappos has shown that a set of rules is not as effective as having a business culture that truly values the customer (after all, Your business only exists because of it).
Depending on the circumstances of your business and context, we know how manuals and scripts can be disempowering, to use a buzzword.
Many say categorically (including Tony Hsieh himself) that Zappos is a “customer service company that happens to sell shoes and clothes.”
And one of the core values of its service culture is the delivery of the “wow” factor (in Zappos’s own words) to its clients, through services, stimulating creativity and change, creating fun, being open to innovations, seeking growth And learning, build open and honest relationships, have team spirit and family, do more with less, be passionate, determined and be humble.
These principles should be accepted by everyone in the company and only people who had affinity with these values were hired.
Imagine the scene: a strong team of 600 employees who take care of phones, e-mail, and chat lines is not just any call-center but the more autonomous customer service team across the industry – And this works wonderfully well!
The service at Zappos was completely personalized, no customer was served the same way and as has been said, there was no script to follow.
Every person who contacted the company should get full attention from the clerk, who would create a close relationship with the consumer and talk to him as long as it takes to solve his problem.
When you do not have customer service goals to beat, employees can focus on quality of care, as they do not need to dispense the customer as soon as possible.
And this is much more important, since the customer feels really special and ends up being loyal. Within the reality of your company, could you implement this practice? Think about!
Loyalty before, profit later.
The idea behind the title of this topic is quite simple: before you think about the financial return, you should think about how each attendant can satisfy the customer of your company.
At Zappos, for example, it was worth everything, employees had the autonomy to do whatever they thought necessary to please the consumer, from sending personalized messages to customers to sending new products and gifts in case of any problem.
Even if the customer was looking for a product that the company did not have, the employee could look at the competition and tell the customer where to find the product (take courage to do that, right?).
You may be wondering, “But wait, does not that make a sale go away?”
At least within the experience of the company, it seems that by doing so, the customer feels valued and consequently will be loyal to the company, because, because of the attention given to it, it will return at an opportune moment.
“Errare Humanum Est”: everybody make mistakes the important thing is to admit and improve.
An interesting point to highlight within the Zappos culture is the encouragement of admission of error.
The important thing is that if an error is made, it is assumed and resolved, even if it means financial loss to the company at first.
How about stimulating that same stance in your company?
In practical terms, it means that if customers are harmed with a thoughtless discount promise, for example, if the mistake is made and the promise is fulfilled.
You can be sure that you will get their trust and respect.
The biggest lesson you can learn from Zappos is: in customer service, make it clear that the customer is your priority. You will see that this will win many more consumers and leverage your business.
Don’t forget your employees.
Promote the training of your employees or in the words of Zappos founder Tony Hsieh: “Empower and trust your customer service representatives. And believe them they want to do good service … because, in fact, they do. “
Do you already apply any of these actions to your business? Does your company truly prioritize your consumer? Do you invest in good practices in customer service? Tell us about!
30 de May de 2016 in Blog, Career, knowledge, Productivity, Satisfaction
At the time of hiring always comes to the fore those old issues and headaches, as it is essential to maintain the good performance of the company.
We know that in general, at the time to interview, those responsible for the human resources of most companies likely to seek professionals with more experience. However, many times this doesn’t guarantee to be the ideal professional for the job.
And in fact many companies end up systematizing, and being so rigid in their processes that eventually their collaborators get used to live in an authoritarian culture, taking a little of brightness and initiative of them.
Hiring has direct relationship with talent, passion, vision and goals of each person; perhaps to get a broader picture of the candidate, we agree that a passionate person, motivated, willing to learn and do, might contribute and take ownership with greater ease of values and goals of the company.
Analyze these aspects when hiring a person is very important.
We are in a society that tends to hire based on years of experience (which is really valid and should be valued yes), but often worry about ONLY with this aspect can come to prevent the possibility of creating a community of work more competitive and compromised with the organization.
However, the few business culture has been changing, because currently the market need not only for employees, but rather of talents, whether they have a lot of experience or not.
After all, the new models of work (home office for example) require a new approach, which work by objectives and not by time, the appointment beating overtime.
But however, certain specific activities require experience and here comes the question: “who hire”?
Some points that may serve for your company:
What are the physical and mental skills that the job requires?
What are the set goals and how it relates to the rest of the employees or customers?
What training is required of the candidate, what level of preparation is adequate if you need specific knowledge or skills, a certain type of personality or vocational training?
What you prioritize when it comes to recruit its employees? You value talent and passion? You want someone who will help provide a competitive edge, which seeks every day growth or someone eternally operating?
Remember, the true leader, is creator of new leaders. It is time the mentality of a portion of our managers change because so many are losing competent professionals.
03 de March de 2016 in Blog, Career, Help Desk, Satisfaction, Software
You do not need large research to know that with the advancement of technology and customer profile change, organizations need to seek innovations constantly.
On the one hand the need to provide a difference in the products or services is a must for all companies that aspire to become players in their markets, on the other hand, in a certain way the products and services that have equaled, being that the quality is basically the same (there are of course exceptions), delivery times, budgets, match between the various competitors.
Companies need more persuasive marketing strategies to increase their competitiveness and achieve greater number of customers. But then what defines the customer decision on whether or not to buy a product or service? The support / service offered.
It uses pre service to set their choice, and post purchase as one of the key differentiators to indicate or even keep as a customer.
It is very true that it takes the involvement of all the other sectors, which somehow has communication with the costumer, since there are permanently needs of changes in internal processes to enhance and improve customer service.
Investment in cultural changes, exchange of information, suggestions and accept customer complaints instead of searching for the guilty are the good practice for the first step on the road in search of improvements.
The changes of the globalized world determined the great demand that is currently in customer service. Companies need to adopt a new way of looking, thinking and acting in the current market to ensure its customers and generate sustainable business.
We are facing transformation demands that require immediate adaptations of team management, knowledge about the new profile of professionals to adaptations to obsolete practices of interpersonal relationships that often hinder success in customer service.
It is time to review the position that sees support industry as a cost center and come to see this important sector as a center of benefit.
And that includes everything from the correct hiring professionals, motivation, training and working tools appropriate for you to practice his perfectly as a good help software / service desk.
But despite the undoubted benefits, many companies still insist on wasting the potential of this sector, incurring errors that could be avoided. Follow some of the most common mistakes in time to get a help desk tool that can help define the face of your company to the market.
Conform with the technology of the past:
There was a time when internal systems were the most chosen by support centers, even the smartest managers ended up opting for its own system when he was given the option.
But online systems has been touring a long way since then and now many are superior to their own, internal systems. So why settle for the past technology when you can take advantage of the latest technology with best practices at substantially reduced costs?
Hiring a software that does not provide a good user experience
Consider maximized usability of the software. This approach not only reduces the level of customer frustration, but also increases agent efficiency.
Underestimating the power of cloud applications
Software as a service (SaaS) is now the famous “faster, better and cheaper; do more with less “and has been fulfilling its purpose.
The improvements in associated infrastructure solved the downtime and time scheduling problems that plagued the SaaS solutions, making them the favorite delivery method for the customer relationship management (CRM), marketing automation and customer support.
The cloud-based solutions have many benefits over solutions “native” or local, among these we highlight the simple and inexpensive implementation, access to data anywhere, even on mobile devices, zero cost hardware or maintenance, reducing problems data security, product updates without interruption and affordable, according to the use.
Use any Help Desk management system, with little regard for best practice
Finally a correct use of the help desk management software not only reduce costs, but done with well trained and motivated professionals, increases satisfaction and may even build customer loyalty.
The Milldesk system was designed to comply with ITIL requirements. The software for help desk has several management reports to measure the results, and functional SLA, service catalogs, satisfaction survey and many other features.
The words of one of the many satisfied customers with Milldesk: “The system can be complete and simple at the same time, providing managers, technicians and users a comprehensive view of how is the IT infrastructure of companies.”
Do not make the mistake of using any support software, meet Milldesk and surprise yourself!
19 de January de 2016 in Blog, Career, Help Desk, Satisfaction
If your company has not yet created strategies for customer loyalty, this is the year to create a relationship strategy and loyalty, so this article will show some awesome tactics that will help your company to make 2016 a year of good business.
It is quite true that the loyalty of customers in the current days is far more complex, due to the large number of options and even greater access to information which is not only limited to products and their costs, but also has to do with creativity at the time to offer them.
But although it is a somewhat laborious process, in the end (metaphorically and literally saying) will be worth; check out some of the benefits of loyalty:
- Desertion rate: decreases the number of dropouts, good profitability.
- Priorities: recognizing unprofitable customers and maintain those that generate good result.
- Reducing advertising costs: the available budget for advertising campaigns can be more specific.
- Recommendations: increase of comments between customers.
- Active Listening: Improvement of products and services by listening to opinions of those who know very well your product/service.
Easy to say. So, how to do it?
- Including after-sales services: from product installation, guarantees, repairs, support and maintenance.
- Anticipate movements: active monitoring of customers to predict their demands.
- Alternative Ways: count on a Plan B to act in case the original plan does not work as supposed.
- To Query: contact with your customers a few days after having used the service or purchased a product to ask about their compliance if there were any problems, suggestions for improvement.
- Create Incentives: discounts and promotions for example.
- Close relationship of trust with your customers: by using social networking, website brand, blogs, email marketing (non-invasive), mobile applications. Become present and facilitate contact.
Mention a few. The best option to improve customer service is to build its own strategy, which is a combination of the above tips to achieve customer loyalty.
Optimization of customer support
- Custom Satisfaction: achieving the demands of each customer without losing the quality of service. The argument in every interaction refers to act according to what is heard first.
- Remove prejudices: treat customers with respect and commitment that each requires, without a prior opinion formed with prejudices formed by old interactions, however the customer has expressed distaste for the product or service, comments on social media or experiences from other sectors. Restart your relationship, without judgment and do your best.
- Create a customer’s own space: do not push, do not disturb, give freedom to the customer. The communication reaches levels of satisfaction when there isn’t continuous pressure on the customer.
- Adapt to de demands: adjust its services according to customer needs and style can be a big trend. Change the service style, recognizing that sometimes they ask for more formality and sometimes less formality, but without losing the professionalism and respect
- Take a good first impression: in the customer’s first contact with your company any success that occurs in this first interaction will be decisive to the formation of an image of your company.
- Let your customer know more about your company: the more information about your business, the better. Be transparent and accessible.
- Offer a great experience: with tools like Milldesk (which allow to know the response times, customer feedback and many other very important metrics) have the total control of your service / customer support and give all the mechanisms for its clients solve any incident.
Actions that must be avoided when building an assistance strategy:
- Blame and underestimate the customer: believing that customers are always wrong is a synonym of almost immediate loss.
- Promising benefits without measuring consequences: making promises that cannot accomplish creates a negative perception of your company.
- Not train your team or leave this background activity: trained team, updated with the best practices it is an investment and not cost. In the end you will see that it is worth.
We hope you achieve great results, and always count on Milldesk! 😉
08 de December de 2015 in Career, How to, Productivity, Satisfaction
The team concept originates from sports, however, the corporate world knew incorporate very well this concept in the mid-twentieth century, when different authors star to recognize the importance of teams in organizations, focusing on companies and particularly in projects.
So, in the current days we hear so much about Team Building, Team Work, and Team Leadership.
Teamwork is not just a sum of individual activities, but there is a collective energy that produces a different effect to the simple addition of tasks.
For those who lead teams and not only wishing to build teams, but mainly learn to obtain the full potential of the synergy between all its members, here are 10 keys that will be fundamental to achieve this purpose.
That isn’t just for Help Desk teams or IT projects, but for any other area where teamwork is vital…
- Formation of teams with a purpose and a task. For a team to be made there must be a purpose, a task. The common goal is the league. Sense of purpose is all!
- Scope of the purposes in a specified period. Teams have a specific time to do their work. And these time limits may be set by a higher level of organization, the team itself, by the driver or by a process of negotiation between the many stakeholders in the organization.
- Individual specialization and specialization of the team. While members have knowledge and skills in one or more specific subjects, they should also be prepared to exchange functions.
- The selection of team members. Organizations select their members focused on individual skills psychological conditions, etc.
- Evaluation by process. Evaluation by results. Some teams are measured only by results. Other also measure the shape and case in which the task was accomplished
- Team style. Each team has a style that characterizes and is formed by internal agreements, for resources, for personal style, knowledge and previous experience of the members and the team leader, for his stories, etc.
- Quality standards. Teams are required to meet quality standards. For example: an orchestra can’t tune.
- Reliability. It develops over time. In ephemeral teams confidence is often implicit in the professionalism of its members.
- The oath of the team. The agreements score the team’s limits, generate cohesion.
- Ethics, motivation and training. The satisfaction of certain ethical principles – of which the continuous training and competition are not excluded- is a motivator for team members.
And to you which factors unite and improve the performance of a team? Share with us!